Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008

Wow, this day is so exciting! Doesn't it make you proud to be an American? We are so fortunate to be born and live in a country where we are free to speak our minds and form our own opinions. Today, cast your vote and exercise this great priviledge! Troy and I early voted on Friday and it just felt great to be a part of such an important and historic election. Aidan was excited this morning because her school is having a mock election for the students today. I printed out an election crossword puzzle for her, as well as a map of the U.S. so she can color in the states as the election results come in tonight. She has had so many insightful questions about the election process and it has been a great learning experience for her. I am proud to say that I campaigned for my candidate during this election season and it has been an amazing learning experience for me as well. Get out and VOTE!!! Go Obama!!!!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Way to make me feel like crap for not having voted yet. Thanks a lot!!! Now I have to get myself dressed and go out in this nasty weather and vote for McCain. :)

Kimberly said...

Great work Aidan!!! Color yourself a path right on to Virginia and come and see us. We miss you!!!
Aidan for President!!!!

Melissa said...

Yaaayyy...we voted early this morning. Ben got there right at 6 AM and waited for almost 3 hours!! You can imagine what he was thinking!

Love your blog :) I can't wait to see more!!

We miss you guys and love you :)